There are many elements to create a green golf event. Recycling, Carbon Offsets, Eco-Friendly Golfer Gift Bag – A Golf Course with a culture and design around sustainability to name a few. We can even supply eco-friendly golf balls!
The main benefits of a Green Event
It benefits your company/charity/cause, the participants, and the environment—it’s just a good thing to do!
Here are just some of the elements that have gone into a 4 Green Golf – Eco-Friendly Event
• Venues or golf courses that have sustainable practices
• Audubon international society-rated golf venues (when available)
• Web-based registration and marketing to eliminate paper faxing & brochure printing
• Carbon offsets purchased to make the event carbon neutral
• Eco-friendly golfer gift bag
• Paper products or bamboo plates and silverware that are 100% biodegradable
• Extra raffle tickets given to golfers who pull up in a hybrid
• Hole-in-one contest with “high-end” hybrid vehicles as prizes
• On-site solar truck for power
• Solar-powered golf carts
• Green Pledge signed at registration
• Mulligan purchases with hand stamp to replace paper tickets
• Score cards printed on FSC-certified paper
• Each player receives a re-usable water cup to avoid bottled water purchase
• All recyclable materials collected and sent to recycle center if facility does not have recycling.
• Golf trophies and prizes made of eco-friendly materials
• Golf hole signs and banners printed on recyclable material using soy based inks